Technology Conference Listing
Featured: Women in STEM Conference and Award, San Francisco, Sept 10-12, 2017
Featured: PrecisionAg Vision Conference, Phoenix, Oct 10-12, 2017
Featured: SPTechCon, SharePoint Technology Conference, Washington, DC, Nov 12-15, 2017
San Francisco Professional Events List
Business Continuity Auditing Plans Using ISO 22301 (com) A
Link to Website
Business Continuity Auditing Plans Using ISO 22301
This seminar will cover the best practices for implementing and auditing a Business Continuity Plan. The speaker will discuss the lifecycle of a BCP program with specific emphasis on Risk Assessment and Business Impact Analysis, Designing a living BCP & Testing & Maintenance. The program will also detail the various standards from FFIEC to ISO.
Participants will understand what’s involved in a full BCP program and have insights based upon field experience that can be applied to Internal Audit work and BCP. The session will provide you with tools that you can bring back to your company to improve upon BCP programs & ability to audit them to provide targeted recommendations.
Successful business continuity planning involves the entire organization. It requires clear and consistent communication and encompasses how employees will communicate, where they will go and how they will keep doing their jobs. An effective BCP prepares the organization for disruptive events.
Why is a BCP Important?
Data suggest that 61% of companies surveyed had to invoke their BCP out of which 43% had to invoke it more than once. The key causes were natural disaster, power outage, IT failure, flood, fire, telecom failure, utility outage, and pandemic.
The critical lessons learned from invocation were:
- There had not been enough training and awareness efforts across the company:
- Plans didn’t adequately address emergency communications
- Key staff had not been included in testing; as a result they did not know their roles and responsibilities in the plans:
- Cyber attacks
- Understand how to Audit the Business Continuity Management System based on ISO 22301, Disaster Recovery Institute, and others
- Learn the correlation between ISO 22301 and other frameworks and standards
- Learn how to audit Business Continuity Practice Areas
Who will Benefit:
- Internal Auditors
- Risk Managers
- Compliance Managers
- Board of directors
AGENDADAY 01(8:30 AM - 4:30 PM)
- Introduction to Business Continuity
- Introduction to Standards, Frameworks and Best Practice Areas
- Audit Considerations
- The organization and its context
- Needs and expectations of interested parties
- Scope of the BCMS
- Leadership and management commitment
- Business Continuity Management (BCM) policy
- Risks and opportunities of BCMS implementation
- Risks and opportunities of BCMS implementation
- BCMS resources and competence
- Awareness and communication
- Operational planning and control
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
- Risk assessment and treatment
- Business continuity strategy
- Establishing and implementing BC procedures
- Incident Response Structure (IRS)
- Incident communications and warnings
- Business continuity response and recovery plans
- Exercising and testing
- Monitoring, measurement and evaluation
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Corrective action and continual improvement
DAY 02(8:30 AM - 12:30 PM)
- Auditing the Audit of Business Continuity Practice Areas
- Program Initiation and Management
- Risk Assessment
- Business Impact Analysis
- Business Continuity Strategies
- Incident Response
- Plans and Implementation
- Exercises, Assessment, and Maintenance
- Crisis Communications
- Coordination with External Agencies
- Recap and Review
- The course will consist of lecture and group exercises.
Michael C. Redmond
PHD, MBA, PMP, CEM, MBCP, FBCI, ISO, Director, Lead Strategic Consultant and Auditor, EFPR Group’s Information Technology
Michael C. Redmond is a Director and the Lead Strategic Consultant and Auditor for EFPR Group’s Information Technology and Governance, Risk and Compliance Consulting and Audit division. She is also a recognized International IT Consultant, Auditor, Speaker, Author, and Trainer.
Her consulting and auditing experiences includes Cyber/Information Security, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Risk Management and ISO for clients in the Healthcare, Insurance, Financial and Manufacturing sectors. She has held executive management positions at Deloitte, KPMG, Chubb Services and Redmond Worldwide.
Michael spent four years on active duty with the U.S. Army and an additional 17 years in the National Guard and Reserves. Her assignments include Company Executive Officer, Public Relations Officer and Company Commander. She retired at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
Michael has three books being published in 2017; one on Cyber Security, the second on Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery and the third on Mastering Work Life Balance.
Please contact the event manager Marilyn (marilyn.b.turner(at)nyeventslist.com ) below for:
- Multiple participant discounts
- Price quotations or visa invitation letters
- Payment by alternate channels (PayPal, check, Western Union, wire transfers etc)
- Event sponsorship
NO REFUNDS ALLOWED ON REGISTRATIONS
Prices may go up any time. Service fees included in pricing.
This event is brought to you by:
MetricStream, Inc. - NewYorkEventsList
VIP Life Time Subscription to our Newsletters!